Let there be…daylight
That day, which comes but once a year, is almost here! The most fabulous of all celebrations. The end of Daylight Saving Time will occur this weekend, November 3, 2013. You’re supposed to make the change at 2:00am, but let’s face it, most of us just wake up Sunday morning, thinking it’s 8:00. Peering with one eye open, you reach for your phone…lo’ and behold! It will only be 7:00.
If you aren’t sure yet what to do with extra time, the most fleeting of all gifts, let me fill you in on some of the things you can do to seize the day…light. And when your head hits the pillow at the end of that day, even if it is eight o’clock, you’ll feel like you really lived that extra hour to its fullest.
1. Coffee. Drink some, preferably in the comfort of a quiet house if, in addition to the gift of an extra hour, you also receive the gift of a household that also sleeps longer than you.
2. Exercise. This is the best time of the year to start an exercise regime. You have an extra hour. You will feel like you got the same sleep, but you can get in that workout that you haven’t had time for. The hardest part is starting, but you’ll always feel better after your workout than before you started!
3. Plan ahead. Getting up an extra hour can allow time to create a menu for dinners the following week, make a well thought out grocery list, find all the good deals on your Cartwheel app from Target. Basically, you have an extra hour to do some planning. It will make your week go by in such a organized way.
4. Let it go. Time to de-clutter, donate and just plain get rid of stuff. Take that extra hour, and shred papers that have been piling up, go through your drawers to get rid of anything you haven’t worn since last year, and take down decor or belongings you are tired of. It will make you feel refreshed and accomplished.
5. And of course…sleep. You have an extra hour. You work hard. You deserve extra sleep! Take his opportunity to sleep in this week because by next week, you will have adjusted, and you’ll have to wait one more year to receive this lovely gift all over again.
We can help! If you want to get better sleep, you probably need window treatments that allow you to rest and relax, with room darkening and sound proofing qualities. Contact us for a free in-home consultation.